Today I am so glad to announce the release of the FlyView for SharePoint Enterprise version. It works the same way its sibling, the Chrome extension, works and provides users with a fast and fluid SharePoint navigation and content exploration experience. A trial version is available to download now, download link is at the end of the page.
What is it?
The FlyView for SharePoint Enterprise is installed on SharePoint server/site collection in SharePoint Online, 2016/13/10 and displays a dynamic site menu when a user logs in, enabling the users to explore the entire SharePoint Site without having a single mouse click. It supports all major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, FireFox etc.
Why did we create the Enterprise version when we have the Chrome plug-in?
FlyView, the innovative navigation and content discovery SharePoint browser plug-in, is available for the Chrome web browser for free for single users. However, the Chrome browser plugin deployment model poses the following challenges for an organisation
- Asking individual users to install the chrome extension themselves
- Some users will install and some won’t
- the new users will have to be told to install it manually
- Lack of centralized configuration and control for the options/settings available in FlyView:
- Different user experience, users will have to be told the optimum settings for your environment
- Not having the solution available in Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari:
- User must use chrome as the FlyView for SharePoint browser plugin only available in Chrome. Chrome is not fully compatible with different versions of SharePoint, some SharePoint features and customizations do not work properly
FlyView for SharePoint Enterprise is a server-based solution that is deployed once on a site collection and becomes available to all users across all the modern browsers, including mobile devices.
FlyView for SharePoint Enterprise is now here, try it free for three months
You can now download the 3- months trial version for free (see below at the end of this page). We can also provide you with access to a demo site where you can log in and experience the ‘FlyView for SharePoint Difference.’
It is very easy to install and configure FlyView Enterprise edition.
To install the Enterprise version:
- Upload the .wsp to the solution gallery
- Activate the feature.
Advanced Customisations and Configuration
- You have the option to change the configuration settings, like location of the menu bar, size, sites where FlyView is enabled/disabled and location of the FlyView menu bar etc.
See the configuration options demo here
And that’s it! Now when users log in to a SharePoint site where FlyView is activated they will see FlyView on top of the page (default setting).
The following table lists the key features with reference to the FlyView chrome extension: